Welcome To Malaysia
There are many advantages in choosing Malaysia for your private health and medical requirements. Medical charges and hospitalisation costs in Malaysia are very competitive compared to those in many developed countries. Malaysian medical expertise is also ranked among the best in the world.
For example, a normal cardiac bypass surgery (CABG) would cost in the region of USD6,OOO - USD7,OOO.
Another reason to consider Malaysia is the wide choice of state-of-the-art private medical centres available. These establishments are well-equipped and staffed to serve the healthcare needs of people from all over the world. Click here to begin searching for a good Malaysian Medical Centre of choice.
Medical specialists in the country are highly qualified professionals, and supported by well-trained para-medical staff and sophisticated medical equipment.
In Malaysia, all private medical centres are approved and licensed by the Ministry of Health. Many of the private medical centres have achieved certification for internationally recognised quality standards, for example, accreditation by Joint Commission International (JCI), the Malaysian Society for Quality of Health (MSQH) and ISO.
Most private medical centres in Malaysia offer comfortable and well-appointed accommodation, ranging from suites to private rooms for single occupancy or more. Room charges, inclusive of meals, vary between medical centres but remain at an attractive level.
- All medical staff are English speaking
- A harmonous, plural society practising a variety of religions (for example, muslim "halal" food can be easily found)
- Favourable exchange rates
- Affordable hospitalisation costs. An uncomplicated CABG would cost in the region of US$6,000-7,000
- Highly-trained medical specialists, most with recognised post-graduate qualifications from the UK, Australia and the USA
- Multi-ethnic, multi-lingual support staff from various religious denominations, e.g. Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.
- Accessibility to major international airports. There are 224 hospitals in the private sector located nationwide
- Comprehensive network of hospitals and clinics. 88.5% of the population are within 5 km of a public health clinic or private practitioner.